S

S

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Pisa and Cinque Terre

Hello! It's been a looooong time since I've last posted about my eurotrip and guess it's about time to continue on before I forget everything :O So the next few posts will be on the different cities I've visited in Italy. After Rome, we headed to Pisa where the famous leaning tower is. Haha there's really nothing much to do there except take a mandatory shot of yourself pushing the tower. 

Wins and Alvin
me :)
Huiling
Clari
Our Harry Potter train cabin look alike  :O

After less than 2hrs at Pisa, we hopped onto the next train and made our way to Cinque terre. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect as I didn't google about that place. All I know was that it is made up of 5 coastal villages. And to my surprise, it was one of the most stunning and beautiful places I have explored throughout my exchange. The colors of the buildings, the view of the ocean, the cool breeze and so on. That place is simply and utterly amazing! I would recommend everyone to at least go there for a few hours or stay a few days if you can, to enjoy the sun and beach. All of us were bummed out that we only allocated a few hours for it :( Since we only had a couple of hours there, we managed to visit 2 out of the 5 coastal villages; Monterosso and Vernazza, which were both splendid!

Monterosso
Can't miss out on having a gelato a day 

Oh yeah, just so you know, we had to hike from one coastal village to the other and it took us 2.5hr to get from Monterosso to Vernazza. It was literally insane and crazy. There were so so so many steps!! Really felt like it was never ending. By the end of the hike, we were sweaty and exhausted but it was an experience and the view was worth the climb (PS. I wore heels the whole hike lol)

A gazillion steps
Our shagged faces
Finally we've reached Vernazza!

Vernazza was gorgeous! I don't even know how to describe its beauty. Oh and I love how the streets in Cinque Terre are like alleys. The buildings are really close to one another that we could climb up and take photos.


At the end of the day, I truly love both Pisa and Cinque Terre. Hopefully I'll have a chance to go there again someday. Till my next Italy post! Goodbye!

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment